Why do you spend up to NZ$7 (that’s about US$5 on a packet of oven-ready Wedges/chips? They are so easy and cheap to make. As with all of my recipes, the quantities can vary as much as you like. If you are not confident, then just use what I say.
This is a really simple version.
1) Wash some potatoes (You can also use Kumara---sweet potatoes or even mix them.) Allow tow per person, so you may have some over for breakfast with eggs in the morning.
2) Cut them--- small for chips and larger, this is apparently healthier.
3) Dry them on kitchen paper and place them in a plastic bag.
4) Add about a table spoon of oil (any—canola, olive, peanut—it doesn’t matter).
5) Add half a teaspoon of salt and ground pepper (white is fine too).
6) Add some chilli flakes---a small amount and/or some mixed herbs—dried is fine but fresh rosemary is wonderful.
Mix it all together, massaging with your fingers. Then tip it all onto a baking paper lined baking tray. (Less messy clean-up)
Bake at 180 in a preheated oven for about twenty minutes or more if they haven’t turned golden brown and crunchy.
These chips or wedges are great with any meal or for a cheap and healthy snack with low-fat sour cream. Play around with the dips--- Use sour cream or yogurt with garlic, lemon pepper and salt ort added chilli.